5/19/2016 - Seattle, WA
Seattle Parks and Recreation is currently seeking a Tree Trimmer to join our Natural Resources Unit in the Parks Division.
With over 400 parks and 6,200 areas of park land, our Tree Trimmer plays a key role in maintaining our urban forest and in helping Parks enhance ecological preservation and environmental sustainability.
- Participates in the work of a tree crew.
- Prunes, and removes green belt, arterial, park, and street trees to provide public safety and maintain healthy trees.
- Climbs trees of varying heights using rope, saddles, spurs, ladders, or aerial hydraulic lift truck in order to safely prune or remove trees.
- Fells trees and salvages fallen timber, removes trees and stumps.
- Responds to emergency calls to remove damaged sections or entire trees.
- Maintains, inspects, and operates a variety of equipment such as hydraulic aerial lift trucks, hand and power saws, compressors, wood chippers, winches, blowers, and stump cutters.
- Weeds tree pits; fertilizes, waters, and prunes young trees; sprays or injects trees for insects, diseases, or weed control.
- Evaluates tree health for potential hazard to property and public safety.
- Performs other related duties of a comparable level/type as assigned
- One year experience in urban forestry, landscape maintenance, tree farming, or tree trimming which involves the use of safety harnesses, climbing equipment, aerial hydraulic lift trucks, rigging, and chain saws and includes the application of arboricultural practices, proper pruning methods, and related safety practices (combinations of education, training, and experience will be evaluated on an individual basis for comparability).
To apply online go to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/seattle/job_bulletin.cfm?JobID=1434759
City of Claremont seeks City Arborist
5/18/2016 - Claremont, CA
City of Claremont
$62,352.00 - $75,324.00 Annually
(2% COLA effective 7/1/2016)
The City of Claremont is recognized throughout the state as an innovative, fast-paced, energetic, and dynamic organization. This is an exciting opportunity to work for the City of Claremont in one of its largest and most complex departments.
The City Arborist, under general direction, is the individual responsible for the long-term care and management of the city's urban forest. Duties include the application of a management plan including planting, pruning, protecting, and removal programs for public trees and associated vegetation. The Arborist performs technical work of moderate difficulty assessing the condition of trees; risk evaluation; arborist reports; and the coordination, administration, and inspection of contract services. Arborist activities also encompass budget preparation, commission presentations, and interaction with the community (both public and private).
The next Arborist will have an Associates degree in Business Administration, Horticulture, Urban Forestry or closely related field; Bachelor's degree in the aforementioned fields is desirable. The candidate will have three years of professional level experience involving tree insect/disease control and tree planting, preservation, and maintenance activities. Possession of a valid Arborist Certification from the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) is required. The ideal candidate should possess a Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) within six months.
How to Apply:
This recruitment will be handled with strict confidentiality. Interested candidates can apply for this position and obtain additional information at www.ci.claremont.ca.us. The position is open until sufficient applications are received. First review of applicants is scheduled for June 2, 2016. All applicants must complete the application online.
Questions and inquiries may be directed to:
Personnel Services Manager
Telephone: (909) 399-5447
For additional details about the position, please visit the City of Claremont website to view the complete job description at www.ci.claremont.ca.us.
Children's Fairyland seeks Summer Interns
5/18/2016 - Oakland, CA
Horticulture Internship at Children’s Fairyland
About the Internship: Fairyland’s Horticulture Department is seeking two Interns for the 2016 summer season. The time requirements for the internships are eight hours per week for 10 weeks, starting the third week in June. his is a great hands-on opportunity for gardeners, students, and budding horticulturists to learn what it takes to make a historic amusement park landscape function, both practically and aesthetically. Interns will receive a great work experience, volunteer service hours through Fairyland, potential letters of recommendation for their service, and a notable stipend at the culmination of their internship.
Basic tasks and activities:
- Plant propagation
- Weed suppression
- Leaf pick-up and removal
- Nursery maintenance
- Composting and fertilization
- Vegetable gardening
The ideal candidate has:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong interest in landscaping, horticulture, botany, or parks management
- Interest in working outdoors
- Desire to work in a safety conscious, and child-friendly atmosphere
- Ability to work in potentially inclement weather conditions
- Ability to lift 40 lbs,
- Experience as a team player
- Desire to expand his or her professional skills and resume
About Fairyland: Children’s Fairyland is a magical fantasy world where young children can create, imagine, play and learn, located by the shores of Lake Merritt in Oakland, California. Founded in 1950, we’re proud of the distinction of being the first storybook theme park built in America. Our mission is to provide a safe, family-centered environment that stimulates a young child's imagination, creativity and desire to learn. Our landscape supports this mission in providing thoughtful, playful and whimsical plantings that aim to foster a child’s curiosity, imagination, and sense of nature.
To Apply: Please email a resume and brief cover letter to Jackie Salas, Landscape Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for Summer application is May 31st. We will contact selected applicants for interviews June 1st-8th.
Monster Tree seeks Sales Arborst
5/16/2016 - San Jose, CA
Monster Tree of the South Bay Inc.
Monster Tree is a growing company in the San Jose area. We provide tree trimming, removal, and evaluations for valued customers. Our Organization has a highly trained professional tree crew in place to give you the confidence of providing customers with excellent tree care.
We are looking for a team oriented person with excellent people skills. You must have:
- 2 years of tree trimming and removal sales/ estimating experience.
- A valid ISA certified arborist certification
- Clean DMV record
- Basic computer skills
- Scheduling experience with tree crews
$50-$65,000 plus commissions and bonuses.
Thomas Gay at: 408-410-3240
Email Resumes to: email@example.com
City of Phoenix seeks Urban Forestry Technician
5/16/2016 - Phoenix, AZ
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Urban Forestry Technicians work in the Parks and Recreation Department to perform routine care and maintenance of hardwood trees and palms located throughout the urban forest of the city of Phoenix. This work involves the planting, pruning, removal, and general maintenance of trees. Other duties may include assisting foremen and crew with inspecting and determining the extent of pruning, removal, elevating or other corrective action required for trees located on public property.
- Operate aerial bucket truck to perform tree maintenance activities;
- Climbing trees and work in precarious positions at considerable heights generally ranging from 30 to 70 feet;
- Using safety equipment and tools, prunes trees to reduce risks and preserve tree health;
- Conducting visual inspections of trees along right of way, parks, and other public properties to determine corrective action necessary to help alleviate problems and concerns;
- Operate and help maintain a variety of equipment including: aerial lifts, brush chippers, stump grinders, and chainsaws.
Recruitment may close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications. First review of applicants will be June 6,2016
$15.94 (minimum) - $21.76 (maximum) hourly / $33,155 - $45,261 annually.
- One year of tree care and maintenance including pruning and removal;
- Ability to work at heights up to 70 feet;
- Ability to move heavy objects (50 pounds or more) short distances (20 feet or less);
- This classification requires the use of personal or City vehicles on City business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver's license and have an acceptable driving record. In addition, individuals are required to pass an Arizona Department of Transportation physical exam and possess the appropriate commercial driver's license;
- Must successfully complete a six month on the job training program;
- International Society of Arboriculture Certified Arborist of Certified Tree Worker is desirable.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above.
YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please visit: https://employee.phoenix.gov/Documents/Employment_Information.pdf
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Center at (602) 262-6277.
Urban Forestry Technician, JC:40030, ID# 18641, 6mths, cp, Benefits 1, Q
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer; our employees demonstrate superior seamless customer service, integrity, and commitment to innovation, efficiency, and fiscally responsible activity.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
City of Davis seeks Urban Forest Supervisor
5/16/2016 - Davis, CA
The City of Davis is hiring an Urban Forest Supervisor.
View the full job listing and apply for the position here.
Disneyland seeks Tree Assessment Technician
5/16/2016 - Anaheim, CA
Disneyland is hiring a full-time Tree Assessment Technician in Anaheim, CA.
View the full job listing and apply for the position here.
West Coast Arborists seeks Data Collectors & Certified Arborists
5/11/2016 - Orange County & Los Angeles
WEST COAST ARBORISTS, INC. (WCA, Inc.) is seeking Tree Inventory Data Collectors & Certified Arborists.
To maintain, & update field inventories, collect inventory, species identification, make tree assessments and write Arborist reports. MUST have strong California street tree species identification.
*ISA Arborist Certification-Required or ability to obtain certification.
*Valid California driver’s license.
*Good driving record.
*Company vehicle & insurance provided.
*Competitive salary offered-depending on experience & certifications.
*The positions are located in Orange County & Los Angeles.
*Must be flexible to work in either Counties.
Those with active ISA Arborist Certification are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants must complete an employment application.
Apply online at www.wcainc.com or in person:
WCA, Inc. Anaheim
2200 E. Via Burton Street
Anaheim, CA 92806
Call 1-800-521-3714 for additional information
Davey Tree Expert Co seeks Tree Care Foreman and Trimmers
5/10/2016 - Northern and Southern California
The Davey Tree Expert Company
POSITION: TREE CARE FOREMAN and TRIMMERS
Starting Immediately. Applications accepted until suitable candidates are selected.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has opportunities in the field of Urban Forestry, as Foreman & Trimmers. Davey is a leader in the Residential-Commercial tree care, utility line clearing and forestry consulting industries, throughout the US and Canada.
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: Northern & Southern California
JOB DUTIES: Positions involve providing expert tree surgery services and inspections to customer properties. Responsible for climbing, pruning and removing trees on residential and commercial properties.
QUALIFICATIONS: Climbing experience without spurs, knowledge of knots, chainsaw operation, bucket truck experience. Valuable qualifications, but not required, we’ll train you: ISA Certification, Class B CDL, strong tree ID skills, installation experience of cables, bracing and lightening protection. Experience in crew management, training, equipment maintenance, customer service, safe working procedures are all highly valuable.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Compensation based on qualifications and experience. Davey offers competitive wages, excellent benefits, advancement opportunities and option to buy Company stock after 1 year of employment, plus access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses. Pre-employment Drug Screen required. The Davey Tree Expert Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Davey is Employee Owned.
CONTACT--Send Resume and Cover to:
Andrew Misch: WesternRegionJobs@davey.com
Visit Davey Website: WWW.DAVEY.COM Job Opportunities & Co. Information
Davey Tree Expert Company seeks Arborist Sales Representative
5/10/2016 - Northern Cal, Southern Cal, or Portland, Oregon
The Davey Tree Expert Company
POSITION: ARBORIST SALES REPRESENTATIVES
LOCATION: Northern or Southern California or Portland Oregon
STARTING:Applications accepted until suitable candidate is selected.
The Davey Tree Expert Co has career opportunities in the field of Urban Forestry as Arborist Sales Representatives, in North California or Sourthern California or Oregon Davey Tree is a leading national arboricultural firm, providing residential-commercial tree care, utility line clearing, commercial landscape maintenance and utility forestry consulting industries, throughout the US and Canada.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: The Arborist-Sales Representative (Sales Rep) sells Arboricultural Services to residential and or commercial customers. This arborist sales position involves creating and building relationships with existing and new clients. Must be knowledgeable and experienced with tree care, hazard tree evaluation, integrated pest management and industry approved tree care practices. Position involves estimating time/cost for crews to perform tree removal, pruning, cabling, and all other Hartney services. Plant Identification is also an important job function. As part of the territory management team, the Sales Rep. assists the District Mgr. in the direction of the operation. Key priority is proposing and developing sales to existing clients and cultivation of new customers in the territory.
QUALIFICATIONS: Seeking arborist/horticulturist with preferably 3-5 years of sales experience in arboricultural services. Preferred: Two or Four year degree in a green industry; ISA Certification A-Must; regional plant and hort. knowledge; excellent sales and communication skills; good people skills; self motivated; computer proficient and organized. CDL-B-Air & bi-lingual also highly valuable. Training provided to familiarize with sales and operational procedures.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Compensation based on qualifications and experience, incentive income based upon sales and performance, six figure potential. Excellent benefits, option to buy Davey Company stock after 1 year of employment. Pre-employment Drug Screen and E-Verify SS # verification required. Davey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Davey is Employee Owned.
All contacts and information will be treated with utmost confidentiality. This is a significant opportunity.
CONTACT--Email Resume and Cover to: NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Kevin Peters, Kevin.Peters@davey.com
Visit Davey Website: WWW.DAVEY.COM Job Opportunities & Co. Information
City of Monterey seeks Urban Forester
5/10/2016 - Monterey, CA
The City of Monterey invites applications for the position of: URBAN FORESTER
Please visit our website to view the detailed job flyer and submit your on-line application:
*This position will close on Monday, May 30, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. Faxes, e-mails, and paper copies will not be accepted.*
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The City of Monterey is currently recruiting to fill the Urban Forester position. The Urban Forester is a full-time management level position based in the Parks Division of the Plans and Public Works Department. The successful candidate will play the leading role in coordinating the maintenance, code compliance, and beautification of the City's trees and forest greenbelts. Additionally, he/she must be highly self-motivated, work well with others including subordinates, and have the desire to work outdoors.
Any combination equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in forestry or related field, including courses in arboriculture and horticulture, specializing in urban forestry and four years in a supervisorial capacity in tree and grounds care and maintenance.
Western Land Renovators Inc. seeks Tree Climber
3/29/2016 - Sacramento
Tree Climber and Climber Trainees (documented climbing experience required)
Western Land Renovators Inc. is based out of the beautiful Sierra foothills about an hour east of Sacramento. We have been around since 2005. We service commercial, utility and residential clients.
We provide high quality tree care for the surrounding areas. Our crews do occasionally travel outside of the area. Employees are thought of as an investment and all investments have an expectation for the future. Employees are provided with benefits (after your benefit waiting period) that include medical, dental, vacation and retirement. Our employees benefit from professional training, competitive pay and a safe, drug free and smoke free work environment.
Be willing to demonstrate basic skills during interview process. You must possess the ability and stamina to work outdoors, handling steady physical work activity as member of a crew. Your positive attitude with company safety culture, vision and mission is paramount to your employment and advancement with our company. You must be able to work cohesively with Foreman, Climbers, Climber Trainees and Groundsman as a safe and efficient crew member.
Once hired, within the first 90 days you must be able to successfully pass written tests and audits in the field.
Western Land Renovators, Inc. candidates will need to submit to a background check. Clean DMV and drug screen required. Pay incentive for CDL B or above as well as certain endorsements. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Compensation based on qualifications and experience.
Please call today for a pre-screen phone interview or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cagwin and Dorward seeks Tree Care Manager Trainee
6/11/2015 - North Bay Area and San Jose, CA
Title: Tree Care Manager Trainee
Organization Description: How would you like to be a part of a company that treats employees with dignity and respect? Cagwin and Dorward is a landscaping contractor that has built a culture around our values, collaboration and teamwork. We are a dynamic company that provides career opportunities combined with learning and growth. If you are looking for a long-term career, Cagwin might be the place for you!
Cagwin & Dorward is a full service landscape provider specializing in landscape maintenance, landscape construction, water management, and tree care for commercial, municipal and residential customers.
From 15 local service centers, we serve the greater San Francisco Bay Area from Santa Rosa in the north, to Monterey in the south and east to Sacramento.
The successful candidate will dispatch out of Rohnert Park.
We value learning, respect, integrity, commitment, accountability, leadership, honor, courage and results.
The Tree Care Management Training program is designed to prepare candidates for tree care management positions through on-the-job experience of job duties. If you learn quickly, take initiative, are very organized, and have commitment, this may be the right opportunity for you.
The Tree Care Management Training program lasts between 6-12 months, after which you may be promoted to a Tree Care Manager.
- Learn to coordinate, supervise, assist and train crew members in tree care operations utilizing the Company's arboricultural practices and techniques. Train crews to work efficiently, within the allotted time budgeted for each account. Learn to monitor performance and conduct employee evaluations of crew members.
- Learn to create and maintain an ongoing prospecting and lead generation system that includes meeting with and qualifying prospects, maintaining relationships and preparing bids.
- Successfully pass all company training (certification) requirements of this position and of the direct report personnel, to be able to fill any working direct report position in the event of an absence.
- Learn and submit site management reports as may be required. Respond to customer requests and telephone communications
To apply and see qualifications click on this link: Click here