City of Sacramento seeks Tree Pruner II
2/16/2017 - Sacramento, CA
Department: Public Works
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $19.98 - $28.24 Hourly
To prune and remove trees along City streets and to perform other related maintenance duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Depending upon assignment, duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Climb trees using ropes, cables, climbing saddles, and spurs and operate aerial tower truck to remove undesired branches, limbs, and trees; lower removed portions to the ground with bull ropes.
- Operate chain and hand saws, power or pole pruners, axes, and other hand tools for felling trees or cutting felled trees; operate chipper and brush truck.
- Remove overhanging branches and split or broken limbs after a storm.
- Prune trees for clearance of overhead utility facilities excluding high voltage line clearance.
- Sharpen and maintain tools, ropes, and other safety equipment.
- Participate in planting, transplanting and seeding of trees.
- Bolt and cable split trees.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Any combination equivalent to experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge and abilities would be qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Three years of qualifying experience pruning and removing large trees.
Possession of a valid California Class B Driver License is required at the time of appointment, and is a condition of continued employment. Loss of the Class B License is a cause for discipline. Individuals who do not meet this requirement due to physical disability will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
THE SELECTION PROCEDURE
1. Application: (Pass/Fail) – All applicants must complete and submit online a City of Sacramento employment application by the final filing deadline- 5:00 pm on Thursday, March 16, 2017.
For complete job information and application details visit City of Sacramento website: http://portal.cityofsacramento.org/HR
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
KYCC seeks Environmental Services Manager
2/13/2017 - Los Angeles, CA
Environmental Services Manager (Full-time, Exempt)
Unit: Environmental Services
Reports To: Chief Operations Officer
Positions Available: 1
Posting Date: 01/24/2017
Salary: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 annually DOE
KYCC is committed to meeting the needs of the multicultural Koreatown community. We are looking for a candidate to join us in our efforts to achieve the vision of our Environmental Services Unit: to build a safe, healthy and beautiful neighborhood. This position is the perfect opportunity to get hands on experience making a difference in a local community. We are looking for a candidate who is passionate and committed to keeping our neighborhoods clean, working hard, and motivating a team of dedicated individuals that’s transforming Koreatown. We have been serving our diverse community for more than 40 years.
KYCC is looking for a management-level candidate who is passionate about making our urban environment safe, health and beautiful. The primary focus of your work will be urban forestry and working with the funders and partners who are making LA green. The Environmental Unit has 16 employees, numerous volunteers, and a $1.6M budget. You will lead the unit and align the programs with the mission of KYCC and the needs of the community.
Summary: The Environmental Services Manager is an office and field position responsible for managing the Environmental Services unit, with an emphasis on urban forestry and community engagement. Further, this position develops long-term program planning and development while achieving the short and long-term goals of KYCC’s Environmental Services programs and activities.
City of Ventura Seeks Tree Maintenance Workers
2/3/2017 - Ventura, CA
Annual Salary: Tree Maintenance Worker I $46,426
Annual Salary: Tree Maintenance Worker II $41,990 -$51,040
Under general supervision, performs a variety of sidewalk and tree care tasks including the planting, fertilizing, watering, trimming, and removal of the public trees in the city, sidewalk repair to include cutting removing, and replacing concrete sidewalks. Work is performed on streets, in right of way areas, in City parks, and other areas.
Incumbent may be required to work stand-by on rotational basis and report to work on a callback basis as needed within a designated time frame. Standby assignment is at the discretion of the Division Head.
As this is a flexibly staffed position, the vacancy may be filled at either level depending on the qualifications of the applicant and the organizational needs of the City.
Tree Maintenance Worker I: This is the entry level class in the Tree Maintenance series, and is distinguished from the II level by the performance of less than the full range of duties as assigned to the journey level class within this series. This class is typically used as a training class in that positions may have limited experience. Incumbents work under immediate supervision while learning job tasks.
Tree Maintenance Worker II: This is the full journey level class of the Tree Maintenance series, and is distinguished from the I level by the performance of the full range of duties as assigned, under general supervision with only occasional instruction or assistance. May lead or direct others, in the absence of a lead worker. Positions in this class are flexibly staffed and are normally filled by advancement from the I level.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
• Takes pride in caring for trees in City parks, parkways, and other areas
• Works well in highly visible areas and is able to interact courteously with the public
• Has a "can-do" attitude with excellent customer service skills
• Is a self starter with a strong work ethic and can get the job done with minimal direct supervision
• Works well in a team environment
• Has a solid understanding of NAA and ANSI tree trimming standards
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Performs a variety of tree and sidewalk maintenance related tasks; plants, transplants, prunes, stakes and waters trees using reclaimed water; inspects and evaluates sidewalk disruptions caused by trees and other factors, inspects and evaluates trees for insects, diseases and other abnormalities that impact tree health and safety; assists in the removal of trees; picks up limbs and branches and feeds them into a chipper; uses aerial lifts, works from the ground; investigates problems concerning trees, particularly as to clearance of sidewalks, streets, traffic signals, and utility lines; removes broken and dead limbs; operates a variety of tree trimming equipment, truck mounted aerial lifts, chippers, chipper trucks, stump grinders, saws, ladders, special equipment and vehicles, and assists in their maintenance; may lead or direct others, in the absence of a lead worker; performs other related duties as required.
Tree Maintenance Worker I: A combination of training and experience equivalent to graduation from the twelfth grade and one year of full-time experience in tree maintenance and trimming or related groundskeeping.
Tree Maintenance Worker II: A combination of training and experience equivalent to graduation from the twelfth grade and 2 1/2 years full time tree maintenance and trimming experience, or 18 months experience as a Tree Maintenance Worker I with the City of Ventura.
License: (Both Classes) Depending on assignment, possession of a valid California Class C driver's license may be required.
Within six months of employment, incumbent is required to obtain and, thereafter, maintain the following licenses: 1) California Class B driver's license with the allowable Auto Transmission restriction. 2) According to the Department of Transportation (DOT), drug testing is required.
Certificates: Certified Tree Worker designations from the International Society of Arboriculture is highly desirable.
To be considered for this rewarding opportunity, apply on-line at www.cityofventura.net/jobs by the 2/6/2017 filing deadline.
For more information see City of Ventura Tree Maintenance Worker I_II.pdf
City of Sunnyvale Seeks Tree Maintenance
2/1/2017 - Sunnyvale, CA
Salary: $52,840.53 - $67,439.63 Annually
MAINTENANCE WORKER II – TREE MAINTENANCE
The City of Sunnyvale currently maintains a street tree inventory of over 37,000 street trees. The Maintenance Worker II – Tree Maintenance position is a fully trained tree climber position. The qualified candidate shall have at least six months experience similar to an ISA Certified Tree Worker Climber Specialist. This position serves on a tree crew, prunes, sprays, feeds, fertilizes, plants, stakes and otherwise care for trees.
This position climbs and trims trees using rope and saddle and/or aerial lift equipment. Information on the certified tree worker climber can be obtained at the following link at: http://www.wcisa.net/Certification/default.aspx#TreeWorker
A complete application consists of a City application, responses to the required supplemental questions. You will be required to possess a valid California Class B driver’s license.
The City of Sunnyvale provides an excellent benefits package. This position opens on February 1, 2017 and closes on March 1, 2017. For complete information regarding this current opportunity, please visit: jobs.inSunnyvale.com
Cagwin and Dorward seek Tree Care Managers and Trainees
7/28/2016 - Northern California
How would you like to be a part of a company that treats employees with dignity and respect? Cagwin and Dorward is a landscaping contractor that has built a culture around our values, collaboration and teamwork. We are a dynamic company that provides career opportunities combined with learning and growth. If you are looking for a long-term career, Cagwin might be the place for you!
Cagwin & Dorward is a full service landscape provider specializing in landscape maintenance, landscape construction, water management, and tree care for commercial, municipal and residential customers. From 15 local service centers, we serve the greater San Francisco Bay Area from Santa Rosa in the north, to Monterey in the south and east to Sacramento.
We value learning, respect, integrity, commitment, accountability, leadership, honor, courage and results. If you learn quickly, take initiative, are very organized, and have commitment, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Benefit Package includes Health insurance, Paid holidays, Paid vacation, 401(k) plan
We are hiring for multiple tree care positions in several cities. Qualifications you should have include:
- Possess and utilize good interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with customers, employees and management.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Must possess a valid California driver's license with a driving record acceptable to the Company's insurance carrier.
- Previous and verifiable experience with a tree care company.
Check out our opportunities below. For all other tree care openings, visit: http://cagwin.com/careers/careers.html
1. Tree Care Manager
The Tree Care Manager manages and sells tree care work under the direct supervision of the Tree Care Department Manager.
- 2 year's sales and management experience
- Must be competent in basic computer skills utilizing Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or comparable work related experience.
- Hold and maintain Certified Arborist License.
- Livermore: https://corporate-cagwin.icims.com/jobs/1140/tree-care-manager/job
- Rohnert Park: https://corporate-cagwin.icims.com/jobs/1092/tree-care-manager/job
- Union City: https://corporate-cagwin.icims.com/jobs/1094/tree-care-manager/job
2. Tree Care Manager Trainee
The Tree Care Management Training program is designed to prepare candidates for tree care management positions through on-the-job experience of job duties.
The Tree Care Management Training program lasts between 6-12 months, after which you may be promoted to a Tree Care Manager.
- Successfully pass all company training (certification) requirements of this position and of the direct report personnel.
- Hold and maintain Certified Arborist License.
- Novato: https://corporate-cagwin.icims.com/jobs/1064/tree-care-manager-trainee/job
- Rohnert Park: https://corporate-cagwin.icims.com/jobs/1026/tree-care-manager-trainee/job