Green Horizons Landscape and Maint. Inc. seeks Certified Tree Climber/Arborist
8/25/2016 - Escondido, CA
Green Horizons is a full service landscape company focusing on HOA communities, commercial properties and private residential in San Diego county since 1985. We have a position open in our Arbor Department for a Certified Tree Climber/Arborist. Duties also include the ability to effectively communicate with clients and co-workers, and bidding of work as well. Bi-lingual Spanish/English is required. Fulltime position, competitive salary and benefits.
Interested and qualified candidates please submit an application at 1530 Industrial Ave. Escondido, Ca 92029 or submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SRP seeks Utility Forester
8/9/2016 - Arizona
Job Title: Utility Forester
Provides industry specific technical support to professional organizations internal and external to SRP by conducting field inspections and audits of skilled line clearing crews, forester/permitting crews, and other specialized industry-related vegetation management contractors. Responsible for auditing vegetation management activities along utility owned and operated Transmission (500, 230, and 115kV); Sub transmission (69kV), and Distribution corridors. Monitors contractor work performance according to industry approved tree pruning and removal techniques. Responsible to assure compliance with safety, contract and industry standards and requirements. Works closely with State and Federal agencies for vegetation management compliance. Assists in creation of environmental compliance documents. Utilizes professional forestry expertise in all aspects of job functions. Identifies electrical hazards regarding tree encroachments. Investigates and resolves customer complaints as needed.
- Inspects and monitors production and performance of vegetation management crews and activities for compliance with line clearing and vegetation management contract requirements. Inspect for a safe working environment for all by monitoring contractor performance to ensure adherence to SRP requirements and guidelines for safety policies and procedures and policies associated with line clearing and vegetation management activities.
- Conducts audits of contractor work to monitor the execution of an efficient vegetation management program to support uninterrupted service on SRP's Transmission and Distribution systems.
- Responsible for auditing integrated vegetation management activities for Transmission (over 1000 span miles, Sub transmission (600 span miles), and Distribution (over 1200 distribution sq. miles)
- Performs field validation of trees pruned/removed on completed work orders, maps, timesheets; including validation of completions for work with operational "hold tags" and municipal barricading. Creates reports and maintains all associated audit records.
- Performs a 100% validation of all transmission integrated vegetation management clearance work. Participates in helicopter and ground inspections and patrolling of transmission corridors. Identifies areas of concern and assists with the coordination and scheduling of the line clearing activities.
- Works closely with all Land agencies regarding land rights and easements; Transmission clearance on forest-and other agency-owned lands; working to ensure SRP and its contractors comply with all requirements.
- Participates in the clearance/maintenance of NERC/WECC transmission line segments and corridors. Performs a 100% ground inspection to identify scope of work and follow-up 100% ground inspection to validate the completed work. This involves working closely with the contractors and the forest service throughout the project.
- Coordinates with National Forests, National Monument lands, Bureau of Land Management, Arizona State Land Dept, Arizona Fish and Wildlife, t lands and territories, municipalities and other agencies as needed regarding line clearing and vegetation management activities.
- Participates in all activities associated with regulatory compliance.
Completion of a Bachelor's Degree that prepares the employee for the assignment.
5 years’ experience in vegetation management with three years’ experience in utility operations preferred.
Practical experience and application in line clearing and vegetation management techniques and using industry-related tools and equipment to safely and effectively control vegetation near high voltage power lines. Possesses knowledge of current regulatory requirements governing Transmission and Distribution line activities and related equipment.
Must hold a Certified Arborist designation as certified by the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA); Preference given for an ISA certification as a Utility Specialist
While job duties cover both office and field work; the largest percentage of work is conducted in the field in varied weather conditions ranging from cold conditions in higher elevations to extreme heat temperatures in the desert. The work includes a great deal of driving (vehicles, 4WD vehicles, and on occasion ATV’s or UTV’s). Periodic travel is required outside the urban area (Metropolitan Phoenix) to remote areas (Mining and Forest regions) to inspect transmission lines and sites. This includes travel; working out-of-town for several days at one time; sometimes over a period of weeks and/or months; and working outdoors in remote locations. Job position assists in the development of emergency response procedures for Vegetation Management & Maintenance and responds to occasional emergency trouble calls (typically during summer storm season).
Certifications or Testing Required
First Aid/CPR classroom training required. Must possess the appropriate valid Arizona driver’s license.
Requisition ID: 2745
EOE - SRP encourages a diverse workforce
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
City of San Jose seeks Arborist Technician
8/2/2016 - San Jose, CA
The City's Special Landscape Assessment Districts is comprised of 385 acres of high level landscape, including lakes, fountains, plazas and paseos. Maintenance of these landscapes is managed by the Special Districts section. The special districts has one opening for an arborist technician to coordinate and distribute information in regard to special district services, renovation projects and programs and act as liaison between residents, Council staff, and City staff. Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as enthusiasm for tree and landscape infrastructure are critical for success in this position.
Arborist Technicians perform para-professional administrative and field work of considerable complexity in various areas of tree and landscape management and administration. An employee in this class learns to apply general principles of professional landscape management and administration by performing a variety of assignments related to the execution of tree and landscape contracts and assisting in programmatic administrative services. An Arborist Technician may act as a lead to lower level technical classifications, but is primarily an individual contributor with a high level of expertise in landscape management.
Read more and apply online here.
City of Los Angeles seeks Tree Surgeon
8/2/2016 - Los Angeles, CA
The City of Los Angeles is looking to hire a Tree Surgeon. A Tree Surgeon climbs, prunes, trims, sprays, plants, fertilizers, transplants and removes trees along city streets and highways, in City parks, over or on private property, and on public grounds to eliminate hazardous conditions, prevent interference with traffic, traffic signals and high and low voltage conductors and equipment, and to preserve and maintain trees.
To apply please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/lacity
For more information TREE SURGEON 3114 072916 (FINAL-SDRIVE).pdf
Cagwin and Dorward seek Tree Care Managers and Trainees
7/28/2016 - Northern California
How would you like to be a part of a company that treats employees with dignity and respect? Cagwin and Dorward is a landscaping contractor that has built a culture around our values, collaboration and teamwork. We are a dynamic company that provides career opportunities combined with learning and growth. If you are looking for a long-term career, Cagwin might be the place for you!
Cagwin & Dorward is a full service landscape provider specializing in landscape maintenance, landscape construction, water management, and tree care for commercial, municipal and residential customers. From 15 local service centers, we serve the greater San Francisco Bay Area from Santa Rosa in the north, to Monterey in the south and east to Sacramento.
We value learning, respect, integrity, commitment, accountability, leadership, honor, courage and results. If you learn quickly, take initiative, are very organized, and have commitment, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Benefit Package includes Health insurance, Paid holidays, Paid vacation, 401(k) plan
We are hiring for multiple tree care positions in several cities. Qualifications you should have include:
- Possess and utilize good interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with customers, employees and management.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Must possess a valid California driver's license with a driving record acceptable to the Company's insurance carrier.
- Previous and verifiable experience with a tree care company.
Check out our opportunities below. For all other tree care openings, visit: http://cagwin.com/careers/careers.html
1. Tree Care Manager
The Tree Care Manager manages and sells tree care work under the direct supervision of the Tree Care Department Manager.
- 2 year's sales and management experience
- Must be competent in basic computer skills utilizing Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or comparable work related experience.
- Hold and maintain Certified Arborist License.
- Livermore: https://corporate-cagwin.icims.com/jobs/1140/tree-care-manager/job
- Rohnert Park: https://corporate-cagwin.icims.com/jobs/1092/tree-care-manager/job
- Union City: https://corporate-cagwin.icims.com/jobs/1094/tree-care-manager/job
2. Tree Care Manager Trainee
The Tree Care Management Training program is designed to prepare candidates for tree care management positions through on-the-job experience of job duties.
The Tree Care Management Training program lasts between 6-12 months, after which you may be promoted to a Tree Care Manager.
- Successfully pass all company training (certification) requirements of this position and of the direct report personnel.
- Hold and maintain Certified Arborist License.
- Novato: https://corporate-cagwin.icims.com/jobs/1064/tree-care-manager-trainee/job
- Rohnert Park: https://corporate-cagwin.icims.com/jobs/1026/tree-care-manager-trainee/job
Integrity Tree Seeks Tree Climbers
6/21/2016 - Phoenix, AZ
Integrity Tree Service is seeking experienced tree climbers to join our team. Primary responsibilities are quality pruning and tree removal skills.
A printable employment application is available at www.itreeservice.com.
Resumes may be sent by fax to 602-788-0006 or emailed to email@example.com