Arborist Climber/Grounds Person needed
8/27/2015 - San Francisco, CA
Positions Available: Skilled and experienced climber to work with an established Arborist company in the tree care industry. Also looking to hire grounds worker for all ground duties including dragging brush, loading trucks, site cleanup and servicing our climbers! If ambitious and fast-learner, the grounds person can be trained for climbing and move up in position. Alternatively, if you are hired as a climber, please be flexible to also help out as a grounds person when needed.
All Applicants should like hard work but also have interest in the artistic and scientific side also.
Positions are part-time (3 days a week to start) with the possibility of becoming full-time. 90% of the work is located in San Francisco with a small number located in Marin County and San Mateo County.
- Must have own climbing gear for Climber position.
- Demonstrate proper pruning skills.
- Experience pruning trees with an artistic and thoughtful process necessary.
- Experience handling both small and large jobs.
- Good communication with crew members.
- Follows all safety procedures and company policies.
- Reliable transportation preferred.
- Great work ethics, desire to learn and have a background in landscape/tree work.
- Willing to train a motivated, reliable and responsible person for the grounds person position.
Applicants apply by sending resume and cover letter. Compensation: negotiable based on experience $20-$30. Benefits: Accrual of PTO hours (Paid time off) 1⁄2 Medical Insurance Paid (optional) and Educational Budget yearly
Who we are: Christopher Campbell Tree Design specializes in high-quality tree trimming for residential and commercial settings, in San Francisco and the entire Bay Area. Our services include tree shaping, crown reduction, view pruning, risk & hazard reduction, as well as root pruning, stump grinding, planting, removal, consultations, and arborist reports.
We're experts at getting trees to work in their urban surroundings, ranging from 5-foot Japanese maples to 100-foot cypress trees, whether residential or commercial. We understand both the art of making a tree work with its microenvironment, and the science of proper tree care. We like to work hard, yet are the company that is more sensitive to our client's needs and we minimize wear and damage to the gardens we work in. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, Christopher 415.902.8826
Gothic Grounds Management seeks Branch Manager
8/26/2015 - Coachella Valley, CA
POSITION SUMMARY: Direct the overall activities of the Branch to continually and simultaneously achieve the following six overriding objectives: Serve the customers within our target market in an extraordinary manner so that the Gothic brand name and reputation continue to flourish. Earn an acceptable rate of return on our sales after incentive compensation i.e. 10%. Maintain a healthy cash flow i.e. 30 day DSO. Invest time and money in our personnel so that they learn, grow and become better all-around employees and people and enjoy working for Gothic. Maintain premium product quality. Develop and execute Business Plan
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assures smart purchases by utilizing standard purchasing techniques including obtaining multiple bids, working with our other Branches to achieve economies of scale in our purchases, etc.
- Assures that accounting personnel understand company objectives and that they provide the necessary information to achieve those objectives.
- Assures that our operations personnel have the tools they need to perform their jobs satisfactorily including approved plans, a detailed budget, etc. Personally inspects jobs to assess our progress on jobs and the game plan that our operations personnel are employing to achieve our objectives.
- Continually takes the pulse of clients through informal telephone conversations, lunch meetings, industry events, etc. and formal customer satisfaction surveys. Ensures that we respond quickly and properly to all reasonable customer requests.
- Assures that all Branch personnel perform their job duties in a safe manner and that they take all reasonable precautions to avoid work-related accidents. Holds regular and frequent safety discussions and meetings to continually reinforce the safety message.
- Assures that all Branch personnel understand the overall company objectives as well as their individual departmental objectives and that they work together to achieve the stated objectives. Be available to help resolve conflicting objectives. Reinforces continuously respectful communication between all departments.
- Prepares appropriate annual, monthly, and weekly plans and assures that each person understands how (s)he fits into those plans. Sets reasonable goals with deadlines for completion and monitor the compliance with such plans and achievement of such deadlines.
- Oversees branch training and development programs.
- Attends monthly Branch Manager Meetings
- Organizes and attends Quarterly Branch Reviews
- Prepares and creates Monthly Management Reports and Monthly Budgets
- Attends HOA meetings
Qualifications and Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B. S.) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary: $75,000.00 /year
Required experience: Landscape Management: 4 years
Applications accepted by Fax or Email: Beth.email@example.com Subject Line: GGM Branch Manager Attention: Recruiting/HR Department
Our City Forest seeks Urban Forestry Specialist (Paid Internship)
8/14/2015 - San Jose, CA
AmeriCorps service positions ( Up to $16,000 Living stipend/$5,7300 Education award) Our City Forest is a non-profit urban forestry and environmental action organization. The focus of this program is to organize neighborhood and school tree care and tree planting projects, promote environmental education, raise awareness about the drought and recruit and train volunteers.
For more details and to apply, please visit http://www.ourcityforest.org/americorps-job
First Choice Tree Service, Inc. seeks Scheduler
8/5/2015 - Las Vegas, NV
First Choice Tree Service, the largest tree service company in Southern Nevada seeks to hire an experienced Scheduler. Qualified candidates must possess a minimum of 3 years’ experience scheduling in a fast paced environment. Experience in the tree care industry is preferred but not necessary. Candidates must be able to efficiently schedule multiple crews at multiple jobsites with multiple resources. Salary is DOE. Qualified applicants ONLY may email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arbortech seeks Tree Climber
8/5/2015 - Hayward, CA
Arbortech is seeking to hire a skilled and experienced tree climber. Applicants must have at least three years’ experience in the field. Any interested in applying for the position should contact the Arbortech Office.
1413 Industrial Parkway W.
Hayward, CA. 94544
Arbortech seeks Certified Arborist and Estimator
7/30/2015 - Hayward, CA
Arbortech is seeking to hire a certified arborist to conduct site inspections and prepare bids and estimates to present to customers. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and a minimum of three years’ experience in the industry. Any interested in applying for the position should contact the Arbortech Office.
1413 Industrial Parkway W.
Hayward, CA. 94544
City of Menlo Park seeks Maintenance Worker I
7/29/2015 - Menlo Park, CA
City of Menlo Park, San Francisco/Peninsula
Close Date: Aug 17, 2015
Salary: $51,455.07 - $61,818.68 Annually
The City of Menlo Park currently has a great opportunity for a Maintenance Worker I - trees. Under close supervision, performs basic and semi-skilled trimming, maintenance, installation and removal tasks on City trees. Menlo Park takes great pride in its beautiful array of mature street trees.
Qualified candidates will have a high school diploma or equivalent with two years experience tree trimming and maintenance. Possess a valid California Driver’s License. The ability to obtain a Class B license within six (6) months of employment with required endorsements. Travel from site to site; some exposure to dust and noise, working in inclement weather conditions; climbing, stooping, heavy lifting and working at heights. Perform manual labor requiring climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, working at heights and heavy lifting. Climb trees using safety ropes, saddles and other safety equipment. Operate assigned equipment (operate aerial lift, tools/equipment). Follow written and oral instructions. The position requires a thorough understanding of tree maintenance methods and techniques, fundamentals of rigging, and the ability to operate a wide variety of power and heavy equipment used in the tree care industry. The position requires knowledge of insecticides, fungicides, tree diseases, pests and their control, and a thorough understanding of tree maintenance methods and techniques, including operation of wide variety of power and heavy equipment. A strong sense of safety standards relating to working in and around trees and heavy equipment is essential. Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment, have good written/verbal (English) communication skills, and be able to perform manual labor requiring working at heights and heavy lifting. Must possess two years of recent experience performing tree maintenance duties. An ISA Tree Worker certification and a familiarity with common tree diseases, pests, and their control is highly desirable.
Progressive, paid vacation starting with 11 days per year. Sick Leave: 8 hours per month. Health Insurance: City contribution towards medical coverage. Holidays: 11 holidays and 30 floating hours off with pay per year. Dental Plan: Delta Dental Retirement: Public Employees’ Retirement System, to conform with PEPRA. For more information or questions please contact CalPERS at 1-888-225-7377. Deferred Compensation: Voluntary. Life Insurance: 1-1/2 times regular annual wage. Long Term Disability: Subject to 45 days waiting period.
To apply go to http://apptrkr.com/646393
For more info contact:
Cagwin and Dorward seeks Tree Care Manager Trainee
6/11/2015 - North Bay Area and San Jose, CA
Title: Tree Care Manager Trainee
Organization Description: How would you like to be a part of a company that treats employees with dignity and respect? Cagwin and Dorward is a landscaping contractor that has built a culture around our values, collaboration and teamwork. We are a dynamic company that provides career opportunities combined with learning and growth. If you are looking for a long-term career, Cagwin might be the place for you!
Cagwin & Dorward is a full service landscape provider specializing in landscape maintenance, landscape construction, water management, and tree care for commercial, municipal and residential customers.
From 15 local service centers, we serve the greater San Francisco Bay Area from Santa Rosa in the north, to Monterey in the south and east to Sacramento.
The successful candidate will dispatch out of Rohnert Park.
We value learning, respect, integrity, commitment, accountability, leadership, honor, courage and results.
The Tree Care Management Training program is designed to prepare candidates for tree care management positions through on-the-job experience of job duties. If you learn quickly, take initiative, are very organized, and have commitment, this may be the right opportunity for you.
The Tree Care Management Training program lasts between 6-12 months, after which you may be promoted to a Tree Care Manager.
- Learn to coordinate, supervise, assist and train crew members in tree care operations utilizing the Company's arboricultural practices and techniques. Train crews to work efficiently, within the allotted time budgeted for each account. Learn to monitor performance and conduct employee evaluations of crew members.
- Learn to create and maintain an ongoing prospecting and lead generation system that includes meeting with and qualifying prospects, maintaining relationships and preparing bids.
- Successfully pass all company training (certification) requirements of this position and of the direct report personnel, to be able to fill any working direct report position in the event of an absence.
- Learn and submit site management reports as may be required. Respond to customer requests and telephone communications
To apply and see qualifications click on this link: Click here