The City of El Segundo Recreation and Parks Department has an outstanding opportunity for a Tree Maintenance Worker. El Segundo is a Tree City USA community that takes pride in its urban forest of over 6,000 public trees. The Tree Maintenance Worker positions are full-time permanent positions, assigned to the Parks Maintenance Division of the Department and represented by the City Employees' Association (CEA).
Under general supervision, performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled tree maintenance work in City parks and parkways.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
Uses power tools and equipment and hand tools to perform all aspects of tree installation, maintenance and removal; applies fertilizers and pesticides.
Prepares ground; plants, trims, prunes waters and fertilizers new trees and removes trees, shrubs and hedges; climbs trees using appropriate safety equipment and techniques; removes branches of or entire trees that are dead, diseased or are causing damages to concrete; removes stumps with stump grinder; root prunes trees and completes compensatory tree pruning.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Characteristics:
- Knowledge of the methods, materials, and equipment used in maintenance and care of trees.
- Knowledge of the operation, maintenance and repair of tools and equipment used in maintenance and care of trees.
- Knowledge of hazards and applicable safety precautions for equipment operation.
- Knowledge of equipment capabilities, limitations and safe operating characteristics.
- Knowledge of OSHA safety standars related to assigned tasks and equipment operation and maintenance.
- Skill performing skilled and semi-skilled tree maintenance tasks.
- Skill in operation, maintenance and minor repair of equipment used in tree maintenance.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other department staff, other City employees and the public.
Click Here to view full job description
Apply online http://www.elsegundo.org