First, become a student member of the Western Chapter ISA.
Meet future employers!
- We present 18-20 outstanding and topical regional meetings each year with titles such as Technology and Tree Work, Tree Hazard Evaluation Workshop and The Science of Tree Preservation. You’ll meet other arborists in your area and learn along side them. Visit our events calendar to see what’s coming up.
- Our annual conference is a great way to catch up on what is new and changing in the industry.
Prep for certification!
- We developed and maintain the Certified Tree Worker program & administer Certified Arborist exams throughout the Chapter. Follow the links to learn about certification and how you can prepare for the exams.
Keep up on what’s new in the industry!
- We offer over 75 publications for sale at special members-only rates. Download the order form here.
- We publish an award-winning magazine, Western Arborist filled with timely information.
Student Membership Benefits:
- Subscription to Western Arborist magazine
- Discounts on regional meetings (Half off!!)
- Discounts on the annual meeting
- Discounts on study materials
- Discounts on the Certified Tree Worker test recertification fee
- A network of over 7000 professional arborists, tree workers & other students
Student Membership Requirements:
- Student members must be full time students at an accredited university working on a degree in a field related to Arboriculture. Proof of student status must be shown before membership can be processed.
Our new online membership form makes joining easier than ever.
Complete the secure online application
Second, find a degree in the Arboriculture field.
- The ISA has a great database of arboricultural degrees across the country.
Third, get a scholarship!
Below is a list of current scholarship links. Do you know of more? Email ideas to email@example.com.
- STS – Street Tree Seminar Scholarship for students in the Southern California area
- ISA Student Fellowships – For 4-year students only, contact firstname.lastname@example.org (applications are due in March of each year)
- Tree Fund’s Robert Felix Scholarship - For students pursuing careers in Commercial Arboriculture (due May 1st of each year)
- Tree Fund’s John Wright Memorial Scholarship - For students pursuing careers in Commercial Arboriculture (due June 15th of each year). Open to High School seniors as well as college students.
- Desert Green Scholarship – For students pursuing a degree in Horticultural Sciences
Fourth, find the arboricultural career that’s right for you.
Still not sure where you’re headed? Visit this site to find the perfect career for you.
If you have any questions about membership or the Western Chapter in general, feel free to contact our member services department by email (email@example.com) or phone (866.785.8960).