2 Day Certified Arborist Review
2-Day Certified Arborist Review
Designed to improve tree-care knowledge and
help prepare for the ISA Certified Arborist Exam
Training Class Dates:
Verde Valley Campus
601 W. Black Hills Dr.
Clarkdale, AZ 86324
Registration Now Open!
- Thursday, February 10, 8:00 am - 3:00 pm (6 CEUs)
- Friday, February 11, 8:00 am - 3:00 pm (6 CEUs)
If you register for the Flagstaff class, the review day in Scottsdale that is held on April 8 is included complimentary.
April 9, 2022
What is Certified Arborist Review?
The Certified Arborist Review Course is a two-day program designed to prepare students to take the ISA Certified Arborist exam. It is also an excellent introduction to the field of arboriculture, as well as a great review for industry professions. The course is open to all students. CEU's are offered for Certified Arborists.
What will I learn?
Classes cover the most heavily weighted exam topics in the ISA Arborists' Certification Study Guide.
- Pruning and Tree Biology Basics - Landscape trees require a higher level of care to maintain their structural integrity and aesthetics. Pruning must be done with an understanding of tree biology. Improper pruning can create lasting damage or even shorten the tree's life.
- Soil Management - What is soil and how it works for trees. The reason trees are alive, what nutrients are, how soil stores water and nutrients. How amendments work in soil.
- Diagnosis and Treatment - How to discern and evaluate abnormality in a tree’s appearance begins with a careful examination of the problem. Identifying the specific symptoms of damage and understanding their causes, enables proper diagnose the problem and selection of an appropriate treatment.
- Review the topics from Day 1- Pruning, soil management, diagnosis and treatment.
- Tree Risk Management - Understanding and addressing the risks associated with trees makes property safer and prolongs the life of the tree. We will look at what creates risk and ways to address risks associated with trees.
- Safe Work Practices - Safety requirements and ANSII standards, common hazards such as falling from trees, being struck by falling trees or branches, chainsaw injuries, wood chippers, and energized power lines. How to identify safety risks and plan for safe work practices.
What materials do I need?
The ISA Arborists' Certification Study Guide is included with your Full Registration.
More Info on the ISA CAT Exam: Call ISA for more details at 217-355-9411.
- The ISA requires a minimum of 3 years documented field experience before taking the Certified Arborist exam.
- The ACTC/CAT Program series does not include the exam registration and exam fee.
- ACTC is not responsible for your CAT exam registration.
- The Certified Arborist Exam is proctored by the ISA.
- To take the exam, individuals must be registered directly with the ISA at least 3 weeks prior to the exam to be eligible for testing.
- The ISA Certified Arborist Exam also requires a fee to be paid directly to the ISA.
- Please review the qualifications for taking the exam at http://www.isa-arbor.com/certification/becomeCertified/index.aspx
- Call ISA for more details at 217-355-9411.
Yavapai College Verde Valley Campus
601 W. Black Hills Drive
Clarkdale, AZ 86324